Wednesday 6 June 2012

Brought to you by the letter J


My son, who is almost four, is very much into letters and numbers, so I thought we'd make a letter J for his room. He also loves painting/glueing/crafting but what kid doesn't? I used a craft paper letter from Lincraft which we painted white. A lot of white paint was used....
He then chose the fabric he wanted on it....many spotty fabrics were offered but he must not have the same spot obsession as I do. So a subtle zig zag/chevron stripe was chosen. I cut it out and used iron on transfer paper to iron it onto the letter. It may not be permanent but it looks cute. I also roughed up the paint a little with some sandpaper to make it look a little shabby! Probably didn't need to do that as it will look shabby pretty soon anyway being in the kid's bedroom! Oh well, enjoy it.




1 comment: